AppNeta Monitoring Products
AppNeta provides visibility into users Digital Experience. Enabling you to easily monitor network performance from your users perspective. No matter where they’re located and no matter which remote services or cloud-based apps they’re accessing.
Active and passive testing captures key metrics to tell you when services are slow, and where, perhaps before the user raises a ticket!
Four key use cases are:
- Ensuring transformation projects are successful – For remote locations, cloud migration projects, SD-WAN transitions or hosted SaaS applications. Monitor before, during and after major network changes.
- Deliver Work-from-Anywhere performance visibility – Is their home network causing the issues or is there something further down the line?
- Enhance user experience – The rise of services such as O365 and AWS means there is a need to understand when and why these services respond slowly. When the users report poor response, is it your network or is it the hosted service provider?
- Verify WAN Performance – When users access remote services, the WAN performance is always questioned. Are you actually getting the speed/capacity and quality of WAN service you’re paying for? How much of the bandwidth are you using, who is using it and what for? Enforce SLAs for SD-WAN and your ISP.
The AppNeta solution uses either hardware, software or virtual probes (or combinations of all) to send light-weight test signals to targets or applications within your network. Key measurements are logged along the paths to each target showing how efficiently the routes are operating, or how well the application responds.
Using such test signals means no admin logins on switches and routers are required, which is key when there are managed devices in the network which don’t belong to you. It also means that the tests can run 24 hours a day with no impact on the actual service.
With the rise in Home Working or Work-from-Anywhere, the steps between the users and their services are getting more complicated and crucially not all under your control anymore. Using AppNeta software agents on client devices you can determine the state of the user’s connection through their local WiFi and ISP to services you host via a VPN or services in the cloud.
This allows you to determine if the issue is in the user’s home network, an ISP problem, poorly performing hosted service or something to do with the corporate gateways.
Cloud & Hosted Services
The aim of hosted services is to reduce cost at the core of your network. But often it means moving the servers further away from the users and relying on third party equipment to deliver the service they expect. Using AppNeta you can continually monitor the delivery of these services, highlighting slow response issues and any bottlenecks within all parts of the network.
The rise of cloud services has created new challenges for troubleshooting. Mainly as you can’t be quite sure where your service is going to be hosted at any one time. Using AppNeta’s technology you can config logins into your cloud accounts using DNS lookups that can follow where your hosted provider is delivering the application from and measure the experience your users are seeing.
When users are accessing any remote system, the WAN is an easy thing to blame when things run slowly. Using AppNeta the performance of the WAN can be analysed to see if the issues are related to, a bottleneck, a router that can’t cope with its loading or any device within your carrier’s network. The unique technology that AppNeta use allows you to verify the throughput of your WAN, and see the real potential it can offer your users analysing each hop along the way singling out any issues at any specific device. Because the test is light-weight it can be performed 24 hours a day with no impact giving you historical data about how the WAN performs.
If your users and your IT services are not in the same place, then AppNeta have the technology to help you monitor service delivery times and highlight anything that may be causing your services to run slowly.
- Monitor your actual & potential throughput to see a links true capacity, including detail per hop with diagnostics on weak links
- See route changes through the network and the impact this has on performance
- Record the exact time & hop when poor throughput, data loss or slow response were seen
- See clearly what portion of the response time seen by the end user is server vs network vs browser
- See webpage timings split out into DNS resolution, Connection established, Page start and Page complete
- See the different content of the webpage split out into text, Java, images, flash etc
- Enables remote office perspective of networks and applications
- Analyze all network and application traffic and classify it into easy to easy to understand categories with much more granularity than traditional netflow tools. You will know in seconds if that web traffic is business-related or recreational (Youtube.com, Facebook.com, other streaming media sites).
- Easily identify the devices and users consuming bandwidth, including BYOD devices.
Below are some products you may be interested in.