Spectrum XT from AirMagnet
£3,234.00 – £3,837.60
AirMagnet Spectrum XT from NETSCOUT is the industry’s first professional spectrum analyser solution for wireless networks (2.4/5/4.9 GHz).
Combining in-depth Radio Frequency analysis with real-time wireless data the software supports quicker and more accurate troubleshooting of performance problems, literally pin-pointing the root cause.
Spectrum XT also detects, identifies and helps locate individual sources of RF interference that may be lowering the performance of your wireless, such as Bluetooth devices, cordless phones, microwave ovens, wireless game controllers and many more. The built-in locator tool beeps to indicate the proximity of the interfering device.
Think of spectrum analysis as your cable analyser but in the wireless environment, basically anything Layer 1, Spectrum XT is for you.
Although a software installation, the product ships with its own USB based directional antenna.
This product integrates with Survey PRO, AirMagnet’s wireless planning and survey tool, and was upgraded in 2015 to include support for 802.11ac.
To arrange a discussion with one of our engineers, a quotation or arrange a product trial call us now on 01677 428700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively you can see it on NETSCOUT’s website.
Delivery: AirMagnet Spectrum XT requires shipment of the Spectrum XT card, typically delivered within 2-3 weeks if out of stock.
- Universal USB form factor
- Visualize impact of RF interference on WLAN performance
- Automatically detect and identify interference sources
- Physically locate interference sources
- Expert RF Spectrum and Wi-Fi graphs
- Spectrum session recording, playback and instant playback
- Integrate with Professional site survey and Wi-Fi troubleshooting tools
Product in Detail
Spectrum XT visibility
XT offers a variety of spectrum and Wi-Fi graphs as shown below:
- Real-Time – real-time view into the RF energy in the environment with current, max, max hold and average RF signal levels
- Spectrum Density – a view of the signals that have been common during the current capture session
- Spectrogram – a scrolling history of the RF environment
- Duty Cycle – showing how often an interfering signal is present
- Channel Power – showing the maximum and average power levels across all the channels in the selected radio band
- Interference Power – displays the average power readings of interfering devices on the selected channel or channels
- Channel Duty Cycle & Interference Power vs Time Trending – average power in the channels that is above the noise floor & the maximum average power readings of interfering devices operating on the selected channel over a specific period of time
Spectrum XT RF Interference Impact
Combines the power of RF spectrum analysis with WLAN traffic and device analysis. Just plug in any AirMagnet supported wireless adapter, and XT will instantly provide you with a combined or co-related single screen view, to help users visualize the impact of RF interference or interference sources operating in the environment on the overall true performance of the WLAN.
Identification and Locating of Interference sources
AirMagnet Spectrum XT offers real-time detection and identification of a number of non-WLAN sources that interfere with WLAN networks and lower the overall performance of the network. With Spectrum XT’s built-in “device locator tool”, users can physically locate any Wi-Fi or non WI-Fi interference sources operating in the RF environment.
Integration with AirMagnet WiFi Analyzer
AirMagnet WiFi Analyzer PRO users running Spectrum XT on the same PC can view non-WLAN interference for every channel in the RF spectrum.
Integration with AirMagnet Survey
It is recommended that before any WLAN deployment, installers perform a RF spectrum sweep to ensure that there are no interference sources operating in the environment. AirMagnet Survey PRO users running Spectrum XT on the same machine, can perform RF spectrum surveys or sweeps at the same time as a passive or active survey, reducing the walk-around time. Users also get the list of interference sources detected by XT within Survey.
Record and Playback
AirMagnet Spectrum XT users can save their RF spectrum scans, retain it as hard evidence and play it back at a later time for post-capture investigation and analysis.
Below are some products you may be interested in.