PathView from AppNeta
PathView measures how your, and your carriers, networks impact the data travelling across them. Variations in throughput, latency spikes and bursts of dropped packets can all impact the end user experience. A way of monitoring such links and picking up on these issues is essential. The cause could be hardware that’s just over worked or your carrier, the point is you need to know exactly where the problem lies.
PathView is a simple and cost effective way to assess and continuously monitor if service level goals are being met. That's both your internal SLAs on delivery to the users and confirmation on your WAN provider's provision to you.
Simply specify the start and destination IP addresses, then by experiencing network performance without affecting it, PathView gathers a very unique insight into performance along the route displayed simply over time. Get the facts on:
- How much spare capacity do you really have?
- Which devices are the weak hops in the path?
- Are you suffering latency or packet loss issues?
- Are the routes through the network varying impacting round trip time?
The AppView and FlowView modules bring additional information such as monitoring of website connectivity with load times and meaningful detail around which websites or services are hogging all the bandwidth.
“When the District Councils in Lincolnshire agreed to join the East Midlands PSN they deployed the AppNeta PathView Cloud toolset to fulfil their performance management information requirements. This has proved invaluable in troubleshooting issues across a complex multi-vendor network, and underpins the delivery of shared services between partners whilst retaining the service levels expected by our users. The AppNeta network insight gives us the confidence to rationalise our data centres and realise the significant efficiencies on offer by sharing infrastructure across the county.” – Matthew Clarke, Strategic ICT Advisor, 5 Lincolnshire Districts ICT Partnership
- Monitor your actual & potential throughput to see a links true capacity, including detail per hop with diagnostics on weak links
- See route changes through the network and the impact this has on performance
- Record the exact time & hop when poor throughput, data loss or slow response were seen
- Compare the performance by link type against set target metrics such as latency, jitter and data loss
- AppViewWeb – for web-based applications or cloud-based services, for those for whom website connectivity is crucial to business operations & those who want to know if it’s the network or the server
- AppViewVoice – for real-time monitoring of VoIP performance indicators such as MOS score, packet loss and latency, before or after delpoyment
- AppViewVideo – to verify the quality of a video conference before it takes place by generating the video, audio, and signaling portions of the conference, AppView Video measures and assesses the performance of each stream
- FlowView – offers in-depth understanding of the exact cause of heightened utilization based on the users on the network and the applications they are running, including response time
Product in Detail
PathView makes lightweight capacity measurements of network paths giving immediate insight into any network, private or public. Simply place the microAppliance end points at selected locations around the network, then specify the start and destination IP addresses of each path you wish to monitor. PathView then details full-path QoS monitoring and validation, plus detailed usage analysis with up to one year performance history and one minute granularity.
WAN Link Capacity
Unlike traditional tools PathView provides unique insight, enabling you to measure the actual performance of any link, providing stated bandwidth vs actual bandwidth vs utilised bandwidth vs spare capacity – find out what your provider is really supplying and how much bandwidth you are actually utilising.
WAN Link Health
PathView will record the routes taken through the network, how they vary and the effect this has on round trip times. Including the detail per hop along the path to identify devices impacting performance along the way.
Latency, Jitter, Packet Loss
PathView continuously monitors network and application performance, alerting network managers when critical performance metrics fall below application specific performance thresholds, allowing you to stay in control of your SLAs.
The FlowView module drills down into your top applications for an intelligent classification of web traffic with meaningful detail around which application and individuals are causing the problems. You can identify top users of all accessed application like iTunes, email or social media sites. By adjusting the reporting time-frame, you can start to identity usage patterns and analyze historical data.
With the AppView Web module you can continuously measure actual performance end-to-end from any location to any website and determine if network configuration is slowing web performance. Break down web performance into individual components (page start & complete, connection and DNS resolution) to identify the cause of the delay and easily compare the throughput from any location to the web application against achievable network capacity.
The AppView Voice module uses real VoIP telephony packets without the deployment of any VoIP equipment. Enabling you to generate, analyze and measure the impact of live voice traffic on production networks to assure performance throughout the peak utilization times of a typical business week or month – without ever deploying a single piece of voice gear.
AppView Video was designed together with Polycom, an AppNeta technology partner and global leader in telecom services. AppView Video is the only tool in the market that enables IT teams to verify the quality of a video conference before it takes place. By generating the video, audio, and signaling portions of the conference, AppView Video measures and assesses the performance of each stream.
Below are some products you may be interested in.