Network Taps from Datacom
£114.00 – £954.00 (inc VAT)
Datacom Systems offer a range of Network Taps, Aggregators and Packet Brokers – this page features their standard network taps. If you wish to be guided though the different types by their functionality click here to read more.
A Network Tap is a passive device that provides a method to easily access the traffic on the network segment while maintaining network integrity; no need to break the link each time. Network performance will not be affected by power loss.
Network Taps allow you access to your network to get a copy of the data to all kinds of devices, packet analysers like Allegro Packets, or to to your network troubleshooting tools such as NetAlly EtherScope, or even if you need to get your IDS to exist in many places around the network by using multiple taps.
Why not use a SPAN port then? Well you can use a SPAN port but Network Taps offer the following advantages:
- Complete packet capture even when the link is at 100% utilisation
- Conserve SPAN ports and reduce switch performance degradation due to mirroring
- Gain complete visibility of all intact and error frames alike and even suspicious traffic
- Ensure network monitoring & recording tools receive all the required data
- Reduce costs as you no longer need to buy expensive monitoring tools for every important network segment
- Monitor 10G links with 1G tools
Another advantage to using Network Taps is that they come in all variants of media type (copper, fibre or a combination of both), connector type, connection speed and number of ports. DataCom Systems ensure you can access your data however you need to.
Also, Datacom now include 12 months Standard Support with all products.
Simply click on the buttons below to download the datasheets. If you are not sure what you need or can’t find the right one please call us we will have a tap for you!
Tap Selection Guide
Download this Tap selection chart. It includes all the fibre, copper and combination taps and is a simple way to see the options available and their differences.
- Eliminates the need for network connectors to be disconnected and connected each time a segment needs to be analyzed
- Non-intrusive, fault-tolerant, invisible to the network
- Redundant power supply insures seamless monitoring even if the main power source is unavailable
- Never lose packets from power failure – industry-leading “no break the link” design guarantees network traffic will continue to flow uninterrupted
- View all traffic on both sides of full duplex links
- Reduces degradation of switch performance due to port mirroring
- View Layer 1 and 2 errors such as runts and CRC errors
- Comes with convenient built-in rack-mount or use an optional rack-mount package to mount 3 units (at 1U) and up to 14 units (at 4U)
- Passes all pairs
- Supports Power over Ethernet (PoE)
Below are some products you may be interested in.