MicroScanner PoE from Fluke Networks
£606.00 – £766.80 (inc VAT)
This small, durable handheld cable tester is perfect for verification of voice/data/video cable and services. An overview of the features is as follows:
- Quickly determine if a problem is caused by a bad or unconnected cable or insufficient power.
- Determine if a switch port can provide enough power by reporting PoE class – for all 8 Classes of PoE including 802.3bt – plus identifies the powered pairs.
- A large, backlit LCD screen displays graphical wiremap, length, cable ID and distance to fault.
- All common media types including RJ11 & RJ45 can be tested with no need for adapters. Microscanner 2 also has coax connection.
- Trace virtually any cable or wire pair with IntelliTone digital and analog toning.
There are two models, the MicroScanner PoE and MicroScanner 2, the differences can be seen in the table below: The MicroScanner is a great low cost option for basic cable verification or for those that need confirmation of the PoE Class being offered. However for those wanting more cable testing functionality or full certification against the standards please take a look at CableIQ and the DSX Cable Analyzer.
Why not request your copy of the “Copper Testing Best Practices Pocket Guide” from Fluke Networks. Whether you handle copper infrastructure on a regular basis or just occasionally, this pocket guide will serve as a useful tool to ensure you never miss a critical step during your copper testing or troubleshooting.
MicroScanner PoE Capabilities:
- Quickly determine if a problem is caused by a bad or unconnected cable, insufficient power, or a Powered Device (PD)
- Information for the Network Engineer to investigate potential switch configuration or malfunctions
- PoE Switch Verification – Determine if a switch port can provide enough power by reporting PoE class (0-8)
- Powered Pairs – Graphically identifies powered pairs. Including Dual Signature where the switch port delivers power on 2 or 4 pairs (802.3bt or PoE ++)
- PoE Injector verification - Display injector voltage level
- Active Switch Detection - Determine if a cable is connected to a switch port and port speed up to 10G
- Cable Testing – Identify any shorted, open or crossed wires at both ends, length of each pair, and send tones to find cables.
- Straightforward Interface – Graphical wiremap, length, cable ID, and distance to fault displayed on one screen
- Multimedia Support – Tests all common media types including RJ11, RJ45, Coax(MS2 only), with no need for adapters
- IntelliTone Toning – Trace virtually any cable or wire pair with IntelliTone digital and analog toning
- VDV Service Detection – Verifies today’s media services, including 10/100/1000 Ethernet, POTS, and PoE
- Oversized Display – Large, backlit LCD makes results crystal clear whether in bright sunshine or a dark closet
- Magnetic Strap (included in MicroScanner kits) - Allows technicians to keep their hands free and their tester safe from potential drops and accidents with strong rare earth magnet
MicroScanner Series Features:
Below are some products you may be interested in.