EfficientIP for IPAM, DNS & DHCP services
EfficientIP provide hardware & software appliances to manage your IP Plan and deliver DNS/DHCP services in a fully integrated solution.
Thanks to its appliance suite SOLIDServer™, EfficientIP brings a brand new approach managing IPAM, DNS and DHCP services at the architecture level with a Plug & Play technology to deliver secured and highly available services.
SolidServer’s unique interface allows a top down approach and offering a central point of management for IP, DNS and DHCP. Any change made to the IP structure is automatically populated and pushed to the DNS and DHCP servers removing the chance for error and saving you time as three of four tasks are turned in to one.
EfficientIP bring the following key benefits:
- High availability
- Enhanced security with best practices enforcement
- Global visibility and control on IP plan and DNS-DHCP services
- Configuration automation
- Manage multivendor servers simultaneously from a single interface
Device Manager brings comprehensive enterprise wide visibility of all hardware and virtual device types (switch, server, router, printer, IP phone, etc) and their properties (name, number/interface type, OS, serial number). The inventory builds both from the NetChange network discovery tool, which gathers information automatically, and any manual/import entries.
Hybrid DNS helps to secure your DNS from attack by incorporating a second DNS engine, in addition to BIND. The alternate DNS engine is based on two different name server products, Unbound and NSD. Unbound is a validating, recursive, and caching DNS resolver designed for high performance. NSD is an authoritative only, high-performance name server.
For better security and performance why not deploy a Hybrid Cloud DNS Infrastructure? DNS Cloud integrates the Amazon Route 53 offering from Amazon Web Services, providing you with the ability to easily deploy and manage in-house and cloud DNS infrastructures from a single management console.
DNS Blast protects you from Distributed Denial of Service attacks. By absorbing up to 17 million queries/sec, EfficientIP’s DNS Cache ensures your provision of a secure DNS service, in a simplified DNS infrastructure.
- IP Address Management for IPv4 and IPv6 with advanced features of IP addressing plan design and monitoring
- Real time access to your information to track down dynamic or manual resource allocations and service performances to ensure high IT Service Quality
- Transverse access to your information without hierarchical tree dependences for unrestricted data visibility
- Access your information with your own search criteria to match with your operational needs
- History of all administration tasks
- Undo for deleted IP addresses
- DNS – DHCP services delivery and management: unified management of multi-vendors DNS and DHCP servers from a central point with the capacity to operate remote configurations and modifications on the servers
- Automated architecture configuration: select the architecture template and SmartArchitecture will automatically configure all your servers in compliance with best practices
- Import of Infoblox DHCP configuration
- Instantaneous activation or deactivation of the DNS querylog command
- Comprehensive visibility of all IP-related resources
- End-to-end network deployment consistency control
- Advanced management automation, save time and prevent network downtime
- Dual Stack Management delivers a unified view and provisioning of IPv4-IPv6 addresses allocated to network interfaces and devices
- Best practices enforcement through policy-driven deployment
- Protects against zero-day vulnerabilities by giving network administrators the agility to switch from one name server technology to another for immediate vulnerability remediation.
- Eliminates single point of failure (SPoF) following security alerts and strengthens DNS security in a way that baffles hackers.
- Improves your security risk management by giving you the option of switching name server technologies when you decide, not when someone else decides. The result is transparent to you and opaque to hackers.
- Mitigate risk before DDoS attacks take down your business
- Simplify your DNS infrastructure while maintaining high level of security
- Reduce cost of DNS management and ownership
- No risk of blocking valid DNS Queries with inaccurate filtering
- Limit DNS Cache poisoning while always answering queries
- One console to manage in-house and cloud DNS for easy deployment and management
- Very cost-effective, highly available and secure DNS services
- Powered by Amazon Web Services Route 53
Our customer De Montfort University was the subject of a case study stating:
De Montfort University relies on its IT and networking systems to keep pace with the needs of the students, staff and business community it serves. Its DDI hardware ‘end of life’ was fast approaching and DMU’s team was faced with the prospect of having to make significant investment in new hardware. At this point, they went out to tender to find an alternative, more cost-effective solution.
Network Testing Labs, an independent technology research provider, performed and published a review of SOLIDserver v5.0.2, the new version of EfficientIP’s SMART DDI solution, an all-comprehensive DNS, DHCP, IPAM, VLAN and network interfaces management solution being released at the end of June 2013. The evaluation is written by Barry Nance, a networking expert, magazine columnist, book author and application architect with more than 29 years experience with IT technologies.
Barry comments“Efficient IP’s new SOLIDserver 5.0.2 appliances impressed us with their advanced IP addressing technologies, their performance, their scalability, their ease of use, their reliability and their high security. SOLIDserver appliances make IP address management quick, simple and straightforward, even on the largest networks.”
Product in Detail
It is fundamental that companies implement best practices throughout their IPAM organization. The key to success in the deployment of IP resources is that users are aligned with those best practices. By embedding your own IPAM policies in your IPAM solution, you reconcile these objectives in the easiest way. You mask the complexity of IPAM processes and deliver a user-friendly application which guides users through automated IPAM policies enforcement.
Streamline resource qualification with templates:
Simplify resource qualification and deployment with templates of IP objects. Templates guide users through a predefined or user-defined list of fields for each IP object such as IP addresses, subnets, DNS zones or DHCP scopes. SOLIDserver™ performs data formatting checks or can constrain data structure to eliminate qualification errors.
Organize resource consumption:
Control where IP resources (ex: subnets, IP ranges, IP addresses) are authorized to be allocated by users according to your IP plan or the way you organize your rights delegation. For instance, you can restrict where IP objects such as printers, servers and switches can be deployed within subnets.
Rationalize resource configuration:
Define authorized subnet sizes and options of your DNS-DHCP services (such as for VoIP) to control your service deployment policies.
Automate your naming conventions:
Integrate your IP resources naming conventions within SOLIDserver™ to apply them according to IP object types, geographical location, services membership or other user-defined criteria.
Map IP plan organization to fit your company’s organizational needs:
The IP addressing plan is the foundation of the network upon which network services are organized and deployed. It is fundamental to align your IPAM organization with your company organization according to multiple criteria (geographical, technical, commercial or administrative).
Manage DNS-DHCP services at the architecture level:
SmartArchitecture™ simplifies the deployment and the management of your DNS-DHCP services by managing not only your servers but the entire service architecture. Any SOLIDserver™ part of a SmartArchitecture™ will be automatically configured as well as various servers from other vendors to establish a communication path among all of them, securing communication flow and synchronizing data.
Automate IPAM-DNS-DHCP administration tasks:
SOLIDserver™ ensures a dynamic and integrated management of IPAM with DNS and DHCP services in a single process, insuring the highest level of quality and efficiency. For instance, it is possible to create a /24 subnet, with IP ranges allocated to DHCP service in one single operation. All configurations will be carried out automatically by SOLIDserver™ and will configure DNS and DHCP services according to specified options.
Multi-Vendor DNS-DHCP services Management:
SOLIDserver™ unifies the management of multi-vendors DNS and DHCP servers (Microsoft®, Open Source, Cisco® and Nominum®) on a single IPAM solution to simplify service deployment, increase quality and cut operating costs.
SOLIDserver™ eliminates hierarchical arborescence dependencies which limit the management of a network on a branch-by-branch and server-by-server basis. It is possible to browse, select and manage specific DHCP scopes dedicated to VoIP on several DHCP servers simultaneously and change specific options, or change a TTL of selected resource records across all DNS zones and NS.
Simplify your migration processes:
SOLIDserver™ enables you to migrate IP resources from the existing IP plan to the new IP plan. IP addresses, subnets or DNS-DHCP services can be re-organized directly from the GUI to move or copy selected resources. Migration status monitors the process and control stages of progression.
SmartArchitecture™: Manage DNS-DHCP Services at the Architecture Level
SmartArchitecture™ simplifies the deployment and the management of your DNS-DHCP services by managing not only your servers but the entire service architecture. Any SOLIDserver™ part of a given SmartArchitecture™ will be automatically configured as well as various servers from other vendors, to establish a communication path among all of them securing communication flow and synchronizing data.
DNS High Availability with Active-Active Failover and Load Sharing:
EfficientIP is the only solution in the market which delivers active-active DNS failover with load sharing, enabling you to secure your DNS Master services availability and optimize performances.
- Eliminate DNS Time Out risks:Automatic switch in 1second on available Master server
- High scalability with unparalleled number of SOLIDserver™
- Unique market solution compliant with these “State of The Art” recommendations
DHCP High Availability with Active-Active Failover
SOLIDserver™ supplies high availability architecture for DHCP services in active/ active mode.
- Zero-Admin deployment: Automatic configuration
- Instantaneous activation
- Deployment across Remote sites
Deny of Service Attacks Protection
EfficientIP has embedded Intelligence in its SOLIDserver™ appliance to analyze DHCP request behaviours and identify inappropriate client requests to inform network administrators. SOLIDserver™ then prevents the interruption of DHCP services by ignoring bad requests.
DNS Cache Poisoning Attacks Protection
EfficientIP’s SOLIDserver™ appliances include protection mechanisms that will protect your DNS architecture against cache poisoning attacks. DNS cache poisoning attacks are mitigated by randomizing the DNS source port and transaction ID of DNS queries, to eliminate DNS ID spoofing risk. Additional protections include dropping inbound queries related to zones that are not associated with the organization’s domain.
Increase Service Continuity with DNS Server Configuration On the Fly
EfficientIP has done important optimizations enabling the creation of DNS zones on the fly, without restarting the DNS services. This feature eliminates all operational risks linked to restarting a DNS server and ensures continuous service availability. However, all file configurations are strictly identical to standard BIND file configurations. EfficientIP’s technology is transparent and compliant with all DNS standards.
Decrease Operating Cost with Mass Reconfiguration and Migration
Standard tools for managing IPAM, DNS and DHCP services have a server-per-server management approach. This means that modifications on several servers at the same time are very limited or impossible.
EfficientIP appliances enable you to select and carry out mass reconfigurations of several DNS-DHCP servers in one operation, or migrate services with a “Drag and Drop” approach such as:
- Add NS (Name Server), modify SOA or TTL of selected resource records on all selected zones across all DNS servers
- Change DHCP options of VoIP scopes on selected VLANs across all DHCP servers
- Migrate DHCP scope or DNS zones from a server to another server
- Migrate selected RRs from zones to another zone