AppNeta Experience Module
The Experience module is an extension of AppNeta, formerly know as AppView.
For web applications
The Experience module measures how long your web applications take to download, then splits the data into their key components.
AppNeta graphs the real performance of the network and the application as separate entities, plus a measurement of transaction time. So if it takes 10 seconds in total, you can identify which elements took what portion of that time.
You can continuously measure the actual performance end-to-end from any location to any website. Monitor Round Trip Time and divide the web performance into the response/load time per component to identify the cause of the delay. Determine if network configuration is slowing web performance, or if it’s DNS performance, or Server or Application.
Load scripts (such as logging into Salesforce and making a record change) with ease in order to monitor the performance of each milestone.
With AppNeta you can quickly answer:
- How fast can this network deliver web applications?
- How fast is my web application being delivered to my user base?
- Why are my web applications performing slowly?
As part of every Experience web path, automatic DNS monitoring is now included! Performed for each web transaction, every time they are executed – tracking all DNS server IP addresses, responding DNS servers and response times.
For VoIP calls
With reference to VoIP calls, AppNeta allows you to measure the networks ability to carry VoIP calls throughout the day and plots the results using the industry standard scoring mechanism known as MoS (mean opinion score). This allows you to see the reference point of good calls versus bad and whether your network can keep the call quality high during the busy times of day.
The advantage of AppNeta is that you get to obtain the data and statistics without the need for complex packet capture. This lends itself to both pre-installation testing as well as continuous testing once a VoIP deployment is live, and gives you real metrics about how real voice is delivered around the network.
Check performance throughout the peak utilization times and test at escalating loads to determine exactly how many concurrent calls a network can handle. Note that this module requires at least two microAppliances, as the technology sends real voice traffic between the two devices.
Here is the product datasheet and also two AppView Web sample reports, the second depicts comparison between sites accessing the Salesforce hosted application.
- Monitor full path Round Trip Times
- See clearly what portion of the response time seen by the end user is server vs network vs browser
- See webpage timings split out into DNS resolution, Connection established, Page start and Page complete
- See the different content of the webpage split out into text, Java, images, flash etc
- Perform multiple queries at once and get the results of all from one test
- Easily troubleshoot burdensome bottlenecks and excessive latency with deep visibility into your Web application performance
- Trend and analyze the experience of end users at remote locations for any web application
- Understand IP performance analysis and real web application data with lightweight, integrated visibility into the metrics that are critical to you and your business
- Plots call quality scores (known as MoS) through the day to see how stable the service is performing
- No need for packet capture to get real Voice Measurements
- Provides insight into how network security and traffic shaping settings impact your key applications
- Verifies if QoS is having the desired effect on VoIP and other performance sensitive applications
- Enables remote office perspective of networks and applications
- Pre-assess networks using live VoIP traffic without investing in or deploying any VoIP hardware
- Stress-test networks over days or weeks to identify issues caused by periodic or infrequent activities.
- Generate traffic matching the exact port, protocol and behaviour of major VoIP codecs.
This short video shows how to set up monitoring of your business web application (in this case Salesforce.com).
Below are some products you may be interested in.