Aggregation Taps from Datacom
Datacom Aggregation Taps
Datacom Systems offer a range of Network TAPs, Aggregators and Packet Brokers – this page features their SINGLEstream Link Aggregation Taps. If you wish to be guided though the different types by their functionality click here to read more.
A Network Tap is a passive device that provides a method to easily access the traffic on the network segment while maintaining network integrity; no need to break the link each time. Datacom Systems’ SINGLEstream™ Link Aggregation Taps provide a superior solution for 24×7 monitoring of full-duplex Ethernet links.
While traditional standard 10/100 Network Taps might enable full-duplex monitoring of all traffic on a network link, they transmit the data to the monitoring device (e.g. analyzer, IDS, probe) in two separate half-duplex streams. Not only does this require the monitoring device to have two network interface cards, it also requires that the device be capable of combining and processing both streams of data in order to monitor both sides of the conversation. Not all monitoring devices have that capability.
The SINGLEstream™ Link Aggregation Tap faultlessly combines the two data streams, allowing any connected monitoring device to receive a full-duplex stream of data with one NIC.
Why use a Link Aggregation Tap?
Taps allow you access to your network to get a copy of the data to all kinds of devices, packet analysers like ClearSight, or to get data to your network troubleshooting tools like Fluke Networks XG, or even if you need to get your IDS to exist in many places around the network by using multiple taps.
Why not use a SPAN port then? Well you can use a SPAN port but the advantages of using an Aggregation Tap are:
- Complete packet capture even when the link is at 100% utlisiation
- Conserve SPAN ports and reduce switch performance degradation due to mirroring
- Gain complete visibility of all intact and error frames alike and even suspicious traffic
- Ensure network monitoring & recording tools receive all the required data
- Reduce costs as you no longer need to buy expensive monitoring tools for every important network segment
- Monitor 10G links with 1G tools – Some Aggregation Taps can also filter traffic for you to. This feature allows you to tap at 10GIG but send data to say a 1GIG analysis tool, or IDS system. This means even if your network gets faster you don’t necessarily need to upgrade your tools.
There are many models/configurations of Aggregation Taps, why not arrange a discussion with one of our engineers? Call us now on 01677 428700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively you can see them on Datacom’s website.
Simply click on the buttons below to download the datasheets. If you are not sure what you need or can’t find the right one please call us we will have an Aggregation Tap for you!
Tap Selection Guide
Download this Tap selection chart. It includes all the fibre, copper and combination taps and is a simple way to see the options available and their differences.
- Manage TAP via management port or local serial port
- Any-to-Any architecture can send traffic to any port from any other port, eliminating the need for network managers to manage or change complex configurations of SPAN ports or move tools around their network.
- LINKprotect™ feature allows the relay failover circuit to close if either or both sides of the link go down
- “Any-to-Any” architecture on 2 ports allows the enduser to steer traffic as desired
- In-Line design eliminates contention for network access by freeing up SPAN/Mirror ports
- Connect any compatible device (protocol analyzers, probes, intrusion detection system, more) for permanent In-Line monitoring of full-duplex links – eliminates the need for network connectors to be disconnected and connected each time a segment needs to be monitored
- Two monitor ports allow two devices to simultaneously monitor the same link, providing extended security and analysis options, while eliminating contention for network access
- Redundant power supply insures seamless monitoring even if the main power source is unavailable
Never lose packets from power failure – industry-leading “no break the link” design guarantees network traffic will continue to flow uninterrupted
- Simple plug-and-play solution – requires no additional configuration of external monitoring devices
- Easy to install – comes with built-in rack mount ear, or optional rack mount available to hold 3 units (at 1U) or 14 units (at 4U)
- Supports Power over Ethernet (PoE)
Below are some products you may be interested in.