Full Control Networks are hosting an educational event: 23 Oct in Wakefield
High Speed Networks - How is your Fibre performing?
Everyone wants everything faster … from drone delivered parcels to the instant arrival of network packets. In the IT world your fibre infrastructure is key, now offering speeds up to 100Gbps! This autumn’s event is for the network tech who wants to brush up on fibre technology, how to get best performance & troubleshoot, and plan for future deployments.
We are all lighting up more fibre cores which we expect to just work (that’s why we put in 24 cores all those years ago!) but it's not that simple with 5 types of multi-mode fibre and even if you get the connection correct, will it run at full speed? But do you know your OM3 from your OM4, is it something technical like a bad splice or a dried out joint, perhaps it's as simple as dust and dirt?
The situation is about to become more complicated as more fibre standards are being launched. Cisco expect the new growth in 25 and 50Gig to quickly overtake 10 and 40Gig fibre. But what are these new speeds and what difference do they make?
Join us as we cover the following topics:
- Session 1 outlines the different types of fibre and their advantages, how to recognise what you have and the implications of mismatching.
- Session 2 covers cleaning and inspection, an essential although often overlooked element of fibre. What if you paid for a day of FCN Professional Consultancy just to find out a quick clean of some end faces solved the troublesome performance problem? Our lips are sealed…
- Session 3 takes a look through the emerging standards and faster speeds of 2.5, 5, 25, 50 and 100G. Why have the manufacturers added these speeds and what do they offer you at the business end?
- Session 4 explores troubleshooting fibre cables, the different techniques, tools and standards, the information they offer and how it’s of use to you. But mostly it’s about OTDRs for end users.
We’ll have the fibre portfolio of kit available (as well as the copper and WiFi testing tools) along with Full Control and Fluke Networks engineers to answer questions during and at the end of the day.
Date & Location
- Tues 23rd October 2018 at National Coal Mining Museum, WF4 4RH - how to find it
Details of the day
08.45 Arrival coffee/tea and bacon rolls
09.00 Introduction – different fibre types, how they work, mismatch and identification errors
09.20 Fibre cleaning and inspection
10.20 Mini break
10.30 1, 2.5, 5.0, 10, 25, 40, 50 and 100Gbps technologies
11.15 Break coffee/tea
11.35 Fibre certification
11.55 Troubleshooting fibre
12.55 Lunch, quiz the expert, product play time & tour
What’s included: Bacon butties on arrival, plenty of tea / coffee, lunch, car parking & a tour of of the mine!
The cost: Nothing!
Places are limited, so email us now to book your place!